In the last months, different people ask for a x64 server and client of the vCenter Orchestrator. Now with vSphere 4.1 the x64 version is released and my opinion is that it is much faster than the "old" x32 version.
The following features are new in Orchestrator 4.1:
• 64-bit client and server running on Java 1.6.
• Optional standalone 32-bit client.
• Data migration tool, to help you upgrade from Orchestrator 4.0 on a 32-bit server to Orchestrator 4.1 on a 64-bit server.
• New workflows in the library.
• Orchestrator now uses vCenter Server as a license server.
• vSphere 4.1 plug-in that implements the latest VMODL, with dynamic addition of vCenter Servers.
• Importing certificates no longer requires you to restart the configuration server.
• Orchestrator scalability matches the vSphere scalability figures, namely supporting 10,000 connected virtual machines.
• Performance from 5 to 10 times faster than 4.0.x, depending on the usage scenario.
One hint which applies with the new version too: for performance it is better to use a dedicated vCO Server. Binaries can be found in the vCenter Server .iso in ./vpx/vCO/.